Friday, June 20, 2014

So my ESPN adventure started on Wednesday, flying in form Charlotte to Hartford and then venturing out to the ESPN campus in Bristol.

So far this has been an incredibly exciting opportunity with lots to do and a lot of chances to do something meaningful.

I have written a draft of an article for PRSA tactics, a video treament for many uses at ESPN and met with nearly 1/3 of the ESPN communications staff and it is only day 2 1/2!

I am looking forward to catching up with others on the staff and continuing to produce and learn.  Someone once described this as a grown-up internship but I think if it more as an immersion into the real world. Already I am seeing things that I will be taking back to the classroom and some fodder for some academic papers.

I will try and post photos of the antenna farm this weekend.

So far I have touched Wimbledon, The NBA draft, the World Cup, a new high tech studio launch, three Internet properties and an upcoming visit from the Colts head football coach Monday.

I also have on deck some internal communications items, the launch of the SEC channel and some other interesting projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment