Thursday, June 26, 2014


It is Thursday morning here at ESPN.  Photo of the day is this lovely brick shaped bank which is part of ESPN's CSR.  Their charities of choice include the Boys and Girls club as well as their own V foundation.  The V foundation will be featured prominently at the upcoming ESPY awards.

One of the most interesting conversations I had yesterday was with the ESPN social media leader who talked with me about social media metrics. 

I also had an interesting conversation with the New York office about the upcoming hot dog eating contest on July 4. 

Today's biggest headline is the USA - Germany soccer match at the world cup today. I expect a lot of employees around here will be multi-tasking as they cheer on the USA to win and proceed in the brackets for the championship

On the how does it benefit my home institution question, I also had a preliminary exchange between my dean and the School of Library and Information Sciences (SLIS) about finding an intern or master's student to work with ESPN on a major archiving project they are working on.

Finally, two exciting tidbits.  I will have my first byline on ESPN Front Row and I was just informed yesterday that my abstract has been accepted for the upcoming PRSA conference in DC in October.  All in all a good week so far.




No comments:

Post a Comment